Monday, January 26, 2009

Miatas & Books

This weekend Randy & I went to the coast with the Miata club. A weekend of driving in the Miata typically gives me two things, 1. time to read and 2. time to sleep. For some reason after an hour or so of driving I conk out. I just can't keep my eyes open. It's a good thing Randy doesn't need me to keep him awake or we would be in a bunch of trouble!

I was able to finish two of Charlaine Harris' books over the weekend, Grave Sight and Shakespeare's Landlord. Grave Sight features Harper Connelly who finds dead people by the vibes they give off. She and her brother, Tolliver, travel the country accepting assignments to typically find people lost and presumed dead. When she and her brother are called to a small town to find a missing girl, everything goes wrong and Tolliver ends up in jail while Harper is shot at. Of course, the story ends well and the sister/brother team move on. The book was good, but not as sharp as the Sookie Stackhouse books. There are three books in the series so far.

Shakespeare's Landlord takes place in a small town, Shakespeare, where Lilly Bard has moved to in order to get away from her past. She works as a housekeeper and tries to keep a low profile, which works for about four years until she becomes involved in solving a murder. There are five books in the series.

I love a prolific writer, especially one whose work I like reading. There's nothing worse than not having a book in que to read.

No comments: