Sunday, January 11, 2009

Missing Your Vampire?



With the New Year came a new vampire book series for me that began with the book, Dead Until Dark, by Charlaine Harris. If you have come to love vampires and werewolves from spending time with Bella & Edward in the Twilight series, you might want to check out Harris' series, which features Sookie Stackhouse, a small town bar maid, who has been waiting for a vampire to come into her bar "ever since vampires came out of the coffin". Sookie, blond, pretty and twenty-five, has a "disability", which has colored her relationships with humans. She finds the minds of vampires offer a nice respite. I enjoyed the first book so much that I bought the series. Just note, this is not a YA series. While the books are not as graphic as some parts of the TV show, TrueBlood, Harris includes a bit more details in her writing. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hey I just bought a big vinyl machine so I can do the big signs and vinyl sayings on the wall. I will let you know how it works after I have tested it all out, then I am open to doing enrichment nights and stuff. I'll keep you posted if you are interested!