Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Such a Great Read





If you want to read this book and don't want to know how it ends, don't read this blog entry.


I finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski tonight and while the story was intriguing, the book isn't one that I would recommend. It's an Oprah's Book Club 2008 selection and Stephen King "flat-out loved" the story, so I thought it would be something really great. (I kept reading, waiting to get to the great part). Maybe they like books with a lot of angst and drama. I don't like tragedies and I think (epiphany) that is why I didn't like the book. It ends up pretty much a tragedy. The book took a while to get going too and it was one I could easily put down. Anyway, I ordered a couple of other Charlaine Harris books from Amazon and I'm waiting for those to come it. I'll have good stuff to get back to!

No comments: