Sunday, November 9, 2008

The State of Sassiness

sas·sy 1

(sās'ē) Pronunciation Key adj. sas·si·er, sas·si·est
Rude and disrespectful; impudent.
Lively and spirited; jaunty.
Stylish; chic: a sassy little hat.

sassy
adjective
improperly forward or bold; "don't be fresh with me"; "impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup"; "an impudent boy given to insulting strangers"; "Don't get wise with me!" [syn: fresh]

So, in developing a blog and trying to think of a clever title to come up with, I ultimately settled for the tried and true label that I have been given, which is Sassy Cin. It's on my license, my email and most recently a baseball cap given to me by my dad. My husband lovingly gave me the moniker a couple of years ago and it has stuck. I like to think that it's because of the second definition, that of "lively and spirited: jaunty, with a little stylish and chic" thrown in ,opposed to rude or impudent. I must admit though, I do have moments of being impudent (more likely, impertinent) and I have been rude (although, I hope that has only occured in my mind and was not spoken aloud). I don't have a desire to hurt feelings, but as I've gotten older my mouth sometimes opens and words come out unbidden. I now have a tendency to say it like it is, whereas in the past I was reticent to say anything as I was to concerned with pleasing everyone. Now, I just call it the way I see it.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

look at how awesome you are! and i love your background, you'll have to tell me where you got it : ) happy days are a comin in blog-dom

Cindy said...

Did you see the newest background? Hmmm...very sassy I'm thinking :) You too can get cute & sassy at http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/