Saturday, November 22, 2008

Don't Read This If You Haven't Seen the Movie!











Last night, I saw Twilight with ten friends and while we had a good time enjoying each other's company, I did not have a good time watching Twilight. How disappointing to sit in the theater with so much anticipation, waiting for particular scenes to occur and not have them in the movie. The Meadow. Need I say more? That was a huge turning point in the book for Bella and Edward's relationship. This is where is all came together for them. This is where he decided he wanted her alive more than dead. This is where he let down his mask completely to her and she accepted him. After The Meadow is when they had their first kiss. It's pivotal. How could that scene not have made it to the movie? Where was the lab scene? When the lights go off and they can feel the electricity flowing between them. What about when he screeches to a halt and flings open the car door and tells her to get in the car when she's in Port Angeles? In the movie he gets out and glares at the men. Seriously? The whole Bella leaving her dad scene? In the book, she was crying, hysterical! Where was that? Dad walks her out to the car? No! He's inside devastated. Casting: I'm not going to pick it apart. I think the makeup had a big affect on their looks (obviously it was meant to), but for some the makeup didn't work. Carlisle? I LAUGHED when he first walked in the room. Really? That's Carlisle? He's suppose to be an incredibly hot, model-type guy, which he wasn't. (The picture up above is what Carlisle should have looked like. I think it's the same guy, but he's more, hmmm). Ok...how about smaller things: where are the tinted windows on the car they drive to Arizona? A hotel instead or an airport (ok, cost factor)? My final point for now. DO NOT compare the movie to the book! The book is magical, intense, emotional, romantic, passionate and more, while the movie is not.

3 comments:

Maddie said...

okay, I totally saw it, and I went with a gal who saw it the first time and hated it and then went back a second time and loved it! so we need to talk, cause I liked it : )

Cindy said...

Wow! You liked it???? Yes! We definantely need to talk.

Justin and Brandy said...

Cindy I agree 100%. Maddie your on crack!!!! How could this movie be twilight? Answer be this: Did you like the meadow? How about the cheap spray on glitter? Girl, you are in a post-engagment stupor, but I love you. I need your explation on this if we are going to still be friends :)