Sunday, June 13, 2010

Walking in Boston

It is so nice to visit towns where you can walk to where you want to go. That's one of the fun things about Manhattan and Boston. If you don't want to walk, you can always take the subway or a taxi. Boston has a really pretty downtown. Very clean and well kept. Our hotel was on the waterfront and so we were near the race's starting line, which was in front of the World Trade Center Boston.

While in Boston, we took a walking tour and a bus/harbor tour. The above building is my fave in Boston. I love the unicorn and lion at the top of the structure. The Declaration of Independence was read from that balcony. Oh the history!

The Ames family had a presence in Boston with a street and a tavern named after our clan :)

Madison & I at the Common Gardens (at least I think that's where we were). It was a lovely garden and it started out as a common place for the people to graze their cattle.

When I got to NC to visit with my sister, I was soooo lucky to be able to drive and meet my friend Sarah in Mount Airy! We had a great day catching up and looking at all the little stores. Mount Airy is famous for being the birthplace of Andy Griffith - it's all Mayberryafied.

No comments: