Saturday, November 14, 2009

New Moon Week




All righty! It's New Moon week. I just purchased tickets for the 10:30 a.m., Friday, November 20, show at Broadway. You can get them on Fandango

So, I'm curious to see how this movie is going to play out. As you know, I was soooo disappointed by Twilight, the movie. The makeup, the acting, the meadow scene done improperly...it just didn't add up for me. Based on the trailers for New Moon, I am cautiously hopeful that the movie might do well. Certainly, Edward's and Jacob's pecs and abs will have a staring role and be very entertaining, but I'm not sure if pecs and abs can carry a whole movie. It'll be fun to see Dakota Fanning in her role of Jane. Will she be able to bring the terror of the Jane character to the big screen? And will Stuart be able to properly convey Bella's anguish over losing Edward? In the book, Meyer simply titled different pages with the months and we could see the months slipping bleakly by for Bella as she struggled without Edward. I have to admit what Edward did really did peeve me off. I mean, who is he to know what's "best" for Bella. Seriously, if someone did that to me, they'd be in traction. And I don't know if he really made it up to her. I think she let him off a little too easy. Anyway, before I digress any further, if you want to come and see the movie with me and then go have lunch after, so we can talk about it, give me a call or email me.

1 comment:

Tiff and Feras said...

I can meet all of you for lunch but won't be able to make it for the movie :(