Thursday, July 23, 2009

More Men

Although my favorite type of book features a woman as the central character, I will admit to loving two series I just finished reading. Christina Dodd's Darkness Chosen series features the Varinskis family and their ancestor's pact with the devil, which has enabled them over the past 1,000 years to be able to turn into a predatory animal at will. The story centers around the Wilder family, a Varinski man who moved with his wife to America from Russia to start anew, and their four sons. There are four books in the series and each book focuses on this couple's adult children and their loves. Action and romance abound. My favorite book in the series is Into the Shadow.

The other series that features men as the main characters is the one I wrote of previously by Gena Showalter. Even though a man is the central character, their woman is given equal time on character development and it's basically because of her that they are redeemed. Maybe it's the strength of the woman that the man needs that causes me to like these stories...maybe it's just the hot guys.

No comments: