Friday, July 23, 2010

Symbiosis

The term symbiosis (from the Greek: σύν syn "with"; and βίωσις biosis "living") commonly describes close and often long-term interactions between different biological species or certain mothers and daughters. See photo:
Madison, as a professional therapist, has clinical terms that describe our relationship, but anyway you look at it, we are intertwined in each other. Connected at the hip, yet we live independently apart from each other (about 2,500 miles apart as the crow flies). She is visiting me for 10 days sans Dan the Man (thanks, Dan!), so I have her all to myself. Although, I have been graciously sharing her with family and friends this past week. Our time together is so short, I want to capture as much with her as I can.

This girl who came into my life 24 years ago this past Wednesday, is able to make everything sunny in my life. How blessed am I to be her mom and have her.

We've hung out, had her birthday party, a family gathering, lots of swimming, auntie and nieces galore, time with grandparents, shopping, dining out and on and on. She had 10 inches cut off of her hair and will donate it to Locks for Love or some organization. She's such a giver! Her haircut looked so cute on her, that I had the hair stylist cut my hair in the same style that afternoon! I'm such a goober! She's so darn cute! You know the popular girl in school? The one that's cute, smart, talented and nice to everyone? Ya, that's her. Someday when I grow up, maybe I'll be just like her.

I love you Mad and I'm so glad you've been here this week. I can't wait for November and our trip to NYC and spending time with you and Dan.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

: ) trying to make me cry?! I love you too and I'm glad I got to come play with you!

Tiff and Feras said...

Sniff, sniff... Meredith is officially unable to move away now.