Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Author - Richelle Mead


I recently finished reading Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead, an author I hadn't heard of before. The book is the second in her Dark Swan series. Here is an bit from the first book off of her website www.richellemead.com,

"Eugenie Markham didn't want any of this. Until now, she's been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy makes her the Otherworld's most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past..."

I enjoyed the second book enough to go and get the first one. What surprised me is while purusing the book section at Target, I found she is the author of the YA series, Vampire Academy, so I bought the first book to see if I like it and I'll let you know!

2 comments:

Irish said...

I really liked the Vampire Acadamy series ... The first book took a wee bit to get into but the series just kept on getting better and better for me ... I cannot wait until the 4th book comes out in September ....

I was actually looking at your list of books that you like and we have similar tastes .....

Cindy said...

Glad to know you liked the series. I always like recommendations! Did you read the Twilight series? Are you looking forward to the movie in November? I'm hoping it's better than the first one. Do you list your books on your blog? I'll check it out as if we have similar tastes in books, I'd like to see what suggestions you have! :)