Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Author to Check Out - Karen Chance



This is an author you should know about...Karen Chance. She has four books in her series so far that feature Cassie Palmer, a clairvoyant, who unwillingly fights the bad guys and helps to save the good against all odds. A supernatural thriller with some romance tossed in and a heroine who does her best to do the right thing...my favorite kind of book!

Chance does a cool thing in her fifth book, Midnight's Daughter. Instead of featuring Cassie Palmer, it features Dory Basarab, who is half vampire/half human as the heroine, but puts her in the same setting/world as the Cassie Palmer books. You get to see some of the characters you know from Cassie viewpoint in a different light. I don't know of any other books that have that feature and I found it intriguing. I wanted to tell Dory about the other side of someone she was having a hard time dealing with. I thought it was an interesting angle.

I realized in looking at my book count that I am close to 50 books being read so far this year. I've decided to make a goal of reading 100 books in 2009. Half way there!

No comments: